My Blog

Don't Sweat the Cold Stuff

O.K. - CNN Fit Nation Team, I was probably in the basement working out when you call to be on your Triathlon Team (see last 2 blogs). Just want you to know I'm in when someone has to cancel. The official team will me announced on TV later this month.  Check them out @ 7:30 am on Sunday morning.

I've been down in my basement "gym"  for a month now.  Even when it's not sunny I need sunglasses when I come out.  The benefits are paying off,  I challenged by 4 year old grandaughter to a hula hoop contest.  She's a hard one to beat!
     Hey, seriously, I feel great.  Exercise is the best thing for your outlook.  It doesn't hurt when I'm helping my husband who is recovering from foot surgery.  He got me the best gadget to use while cycling (indoors) - my new Kindle.  Six miles fly by in a couple chapters!

My pedometor is another great tool.  I'm trying to walk 10,000 steps daily (about 3 miles) each day.  Yesterday was an interesting day for a walk.  By the time I got enough clothes on it was hard to move!

All this outdoor activity and dry heat in the house has me concerned about my skin.  Some of the best foods rich in vitamin C include red bell peppers and citrus fruits.  OMG, I'm hooked on red grapefruit this season.  A bag at Aldi's costs only $1.99, that's only 17 cents a serving!

For New Year's Eve I sectioned a couple grapefruit in a lovely wine glass and topped it off with a dallop of Zabayon (Italian custard).  What a treat!

(Oops, I searched for a picture of a "healthy treat", oh well.)

Anyhow, it topped off the wonderful homemade Butternut Squash Ravioli w/Fresh Sage Sauce my friend Arlene made for us. She's always up for a "healthy treat".

6 Comments to Don't Sweat the Cold Stuff:

Comments RSS
rolex replica on Friday, January 24, 2014 3:45 AM
The summer season is definitely little, although the Mountaineers are already click very difficult by way of injury. Its top rated not one but two manner battler, person Blake Weaver, is vanished which includes a arm pain.
Reply to comment

Jimy on Friday, March 07, 2014 11:24 AM
Thanks
Reply to comment

Paul on Friday, March 07, 2014 11:24 AM
Good one.
Reply to comment

Jack on Friday, March 07, 2014 4:17 PM
Certainly full of inspiration in here because I have read out this blog and understood that you are doing a lots of things about your fitness and all other issues as well. So I think it's very much needed for everyone to keep fitness as well as possible. So thanks for lovely blog and hope that the inspiration I got from you that will help me a lot.
Reply to comment

ecift on Sunday, March 09, 2014 12:07 PM
I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned.I wanted to thank you for this great article. I enjoyed everylittle bit part of it and I will be waiting for the new updates.Check out these site to know about
Reply to comment

Kamagra Oral Jelly on Monday, April 14, 2014 2:39 AM
Thanks for your valuable information. This information is really useful for us.
Reply to comment